Our St. George Community welcomes you to today’s celebration of the Divine Liturgy. We are delighted to have you worship with us, and we pray that you will be blessed through your participation in our services. While Holy Communion may only be received by prepared Orthodox Christians, our non-Orthodox guests are welcome to join us in venerating the Cross and receiving blessed bread at the conclusion of the Divine Liturgy. Literature about the Orthodox faith can be found in the vestibule. Feel free to ask questions before or after the services. Please join us for refreshments and fellowship in the social hall after Liturgy. If this is your first visit to our parish, we welcome you and invite you to return as often as you are able. For those interested in learning more about Orthodoxy, please contact Fr.
SCRIPTURE READINGS THIS WEEK
August 4th 7 Sleepers of Ephesus; Venerable Martyr Eudoxia
1 Corinthians 11:31-12:6 Matthew 18:1-11
August 5th Forefeast Transfiguration; Martyr Eusignius
1 Corinthians 12:12-26 Matthew 18:18-22; 19:1-2, 13-15
August 6th Holy Transfiguration
2 Peter 1:10-19 Matthew 17:1-9
August 7th Martyr Dometius of Persia; Relics of St. Metrophanes
1 Corinthians 14:6-19 Matthew 20:17-28
August 8th St. Emilian the Confessor; Relics Zosimas & Sabbatius
1 Corinthians 14:26-40 Matthew 21:12-14, 17-20
August 9th Ven. Herman of Alaska; Apostle Matthias
Romans 14:6-9 Matthew 15:32-39
Greeters: Sally Grether Reader: Madison Russin Serving Group: Archangel Gabriel
Services/Activities This Week:
Vesperal Liturgy for Transfiguration: Tuesday, 6:30PM, at the church
NO VESPERS this Saturday, August 9th
Last Sunday July 27th, 62 Adults and 22 Youth attended Divine Liturgy.
Sanctuary Lamp sponsorship is open for the month of August.
Fr. Paul’s Information:
- Please start using the church e-mail:
for any church related communications instead of Fr. Paul's personal e-mail address.
- Fr. Paul Monkowski of our diocese has been appointed as Administrator of the parish by His Grace Bishop Alexander to oversee the transition process of finding a new priest for St. George and seeing to it the spiritual needs for the parish are taken care of until that happens.
- In regard to Liturgical Services, Fr. John Russin has graciously agreed to function as supply priest from the Diocese to St. George. His duty is to serve the Divine Liturgy on Sundays and Great Vespers on the Saturdays that fit his schedule and any memorial services that may be requested. In addition, he is available for any emergency calls.
- Until a priest is assigned to the parish:
- Sarah Allen will be doing the weekly bulletin. If you need items to be put in the bulletin write her at:
or call her at 419-494-4781.
- Rachael Hill will be contacting people to greet on Sundays from July to the end of August.
- Dan Serdar will be arranging for people to read the epistle on Sundays.
- Viviane Kazan will be contacting people to bake prosphora for liturgy. She has a list of people who make prosphora, and she will contact you when your turn to bake will come up.
- Karen Beleny will be preparing the Sunday outline sheets for Divine Liturgy. If you would like to add someone to the prayer list please contact Karen.
August Service Schedule:
Fr. John will be available for Vespers on August 16th & 30th. The time will remain the same at 5PM.
Fr. Paul Monkowski will be here to serve:
Vesperal Liturgy for Transfiguration on August 5th, 6:30PM, at the church
Vesperal Liturgy for Dormition on August 14th at 6:30PM, at the church
6th Annual St. George Golf Tournament
St. George is sponsoring their 6th Annual Golf Tournament on Saturday, September 6, 2014 at Chippewa Golf Club. We are seeking golfers who will play 18 holes including a golf cart and ending with a delicious Spare Rib buffet. If you are not a golfer, families and individuals are encouraged to sponsor a sign with your name or business on it. All proceeds will go to the Building Fund to reduce our mortgage. Thank you in advance for your support. Contact Stan Pentsos, George Popoff, or any Board member for further information.